3/17/12

Daily Commute.

I used to commute on a daily basis from our house in QC to work in Metropolitan Park, Pasay and then to our head office in Buendia, Makati when I eventually was transferred there. It seemed daunting at first because the distance to be covered was really great and It took around four different rides (Tricycle, Jeep, MRT, and another Jeep) to go there.  I almost declined the job offer at that time just because I didn't want to commute that far on a daily basis. Times spent in the MRT on the way to work and back home were always hellish. It's like being part of the battle of Thermopylae squishing yourself through a mass of bodies in the hot gates. I'd be so worked up early in the morning and so tired when I get home at night but there was really no other choice.

I got used to it in time though as I started bringing my camera with me to document my daily trips to and from work. The MRT despite its irks, would always be to me a fascinating place to be in during the morning when the sun is just about to rise and its rays are hitting the train on its sides. The light coming in through the windows are very dramatic. If only the train was not so crowded. The Jeepneys on the other hand are always full of people who are sleeping, weary from the night before and from the day's work. Ditto for bus rides.

Nowadays, I now drive on my way to and from work. I haven't shot much in a long while. I still commute on days I can't use the car because of color coding.









No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
A film P&S and a TLR