10/6/09

going for the lubitel























At first sight of those twin-lens cameras, i immediately fell in love. just like the fisheye 2, i scoured the net for infos about it. the square photos were very attractive but when i checked the prices, my world suddenly crashed as i found out that they are very expensive. Rolleiflexes and Yashicas were too expensive for me. It was a sorry day for me. I almost gave up on buying one. But then i came across the Lubitel.

It's a soviet TLR copy of those i previously mentioned. Though it can't match up to the functions of the Rolleis and the Yashicas, soviet cameras are reputable for their cheap prices but capable of producing excellent results. I quickly visited ebay to look for it but then i realized i still dont have a credit card so i cant use ebay. i had to find another way...

as i was surfing through classified ads in the country i saw one selling a lubitel 166b for 4500 pesos. fairly good price. the seller asked me to wait for a few weeks because it had to be shipped from the USSR. and it was very agonizing. i was very excited to hold it in my hands.

when it came, i immediately shot a roll through it and was very happy of the results. however when i tested the delay-timer, it got stuck. i panicked because i couldn't put it back on. i had to bring it to hidalgo but they could not fix it. i had to force it to back to its original place and it ended up getting broken... i regret having to force it back.

but the delay-timer isn't that essential. so i could live with the lubitel with the broken delay-timer. the lubitel will stay with me for a long time. square formats will never "fade"

im hoping to get a rolleicord soon : )

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
A film P&S and a TLR