10/31/11

To the dearly departed

As far as I can remember I have always visited the dead on all soul's day except this year. I am working now and I don't have the luxury of time to go home to the province to visit my dead relatives. So i'm stuck here at home with nothing to do. I could have made plans to go out with people I know but for very justifiable reasons they need to be at some other place without me.

It goes without saying that with all the idle time I have in my hands I have been thinking about life in general. Sometimes I wish people could live forever but in my opinion life itself would lose its value. The finiteness of life is what makes it worth living (if that makes any sense at all haha). Not to say I'm happy that we will all die and that those that went before me were lucky because they went first. Sometimes things that don't last forever are easier to appreciate than things which are always there. We don't take them for granted because we know someday they will perish. Though we sometimes do, still, every moment spent with them is special.

As for the people very close to me who have passed away, I will always remember them because I have lived with them.


And let perpetual life shine upon them...

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
A film P&S and a TLR