1/8/11

Bokeh Trap

Whenever I search for sample shots from a specific camera or lens on flickr, the most interesting shots are always taken wide open at full aperture. For some reason I can't explain, bokeh has that special effect on people. But as always, anything that is overused can be unappealing. So browsing through flickr hivemind can be frustrating sometimes.

Don't get me wrong, I like bokeh too. There are instances when you really have to shoot at full aperture (e.g. low light) and there are shots that would really look more appealing if they are shot at full aperture. Personally, I haven't mastered it and sometimes I find myself caught in what photographers often call bokeh trap.

Here's one i took to test the bokeh of my rolleicord. This was shot at f/5.6 though instead of f/3.5 which is a full and a half stop away from the widest aperture:

Bokeh. Rolleicord. Fuji Acros

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
A film P&S and a TLR